Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fun Long Weekend

I have to say that I had a very relaxing three day weekend. Saturday night, Henderson and I headed to Eupora to Lauren Hood's engagement party. It was so much fun to see a lot of my high school classmates. Most of the people there I hadn't seen since graduation in 2005! Afterwards, Henderson headed to Arkansas to meet up with friends for a duck hunting trip.

The next day, my mom, sister, and I headed to Memphis. Our mission: pick up Granny's piano. If you don't know, I grew up in my great-grandparent's house, on our family homeplace. Our family has been there for 5 generations (including mine). My great-grandfather spent his whole life there; he used to say that he spent every single Christmas at the homeplace. Anyway, when my great-grandparents died, the furniture got split between the siblings. Since my grandparents owned the house, we got it and one other piece of furniture. It was so nice to bring Granny's piano home! My mom put a post on her status about going to pick it up and numerous people commented that they learned how to play on her piano. It was a little emotional for us since Granny and Pawpaw (my grandfather) played and sang around the piano.

Then we went shopping! I racked up with my Ann Taylor Loft gift card. All in all it was a nice weekend, spending time with family and old friends. Hope everyone has a great four-day week!

No comments:

Post a Comment