Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas in the Compound!

In case you didn't know, my family affectionately calls the neighborhood I grew up in "The Compound." My mom, sister, and I live on the family's homeplace in my great-grandmother's house. My grandmother lives around the corner; various other family member live in the neighborhood. My mom is the self-appointed mayor ha ha.
We always leave my Mimi's house late Christmas Eve and head back to Eupora. Fortunately, my dad's side of the family decided to eat early so that Cheyenne and I could head back a little earlier. We got back in time to head to Aunt Janet's for an hour or so to see everyone and for them all to meet Dixon! When we got back home, I had to start wrapping presents for my mom and Cheyenne. I hate wrapping gifts so I always wait until the last possible moment. We all went to sleep in our matching pj's. :)
Next thing I know, it's time to get up to see what Santa brought! I got some Reebok Easy Tones. They're supposed to make you work out harder when you're walking and running errands. I also got a little desk to go in my bed since I do all my homework in the bed. Santa forgot to bring my perfume by, but he dropped it off later. Cheyenne got an iPod touch and an iron! Mama got some pottery that she wanted. Santa came to see Dixon! He got a new sweater and a snuggie!


Next it was time to head off in our matching pajamas to see what everyone else got! We headed to Mawmaw's house where Buffy, Jimmy, Christopher, and Lauren were. Christopher got a Wii; it was the hit of Christmas! There Mawmaw told us that her leg was in so much pain, she had decided she needed to go to the ER. We told her to keep us posted and then we headed to Aunt Janet's. Santa thought they were very gooo this year! One of the things Aunt Janet got was a Roomba vaccuum. We joked that Wednesdays (her day off) if someone called and asked her what she was doing, she could say "vaccumming" and that would mean she was sitting in the recliner! ha! Here are the "Three Wise Men" checking out the Roomba:

Robbie, Uncle Douglas, and Brian


Mawmaw spent a couple of hours in the ER. They told her it was her sciatic nerve. She was sent home with some pain pills and told to not stay on her leg.

That night, we headed to her house to open gifts and eat with the whole family. Here's some pics from the night:


No comments:

Post a Comment