Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday Night Lights

Tonight, Eupora High School will be playing the much-despised Ackerman Indians. The game was rescheduled due to the weather. I won't be able to attend the much-hyped event, but I'll be there in spirit. In fact, it's sad to admit that I haven't been to a Eupora game since Homecoming my Freshman year at state.

So, why am I blogging about this game that I won't be attending?

1. Ackerman is our biggest rival, ever. When I was a cheerleader, the rest of the games didn't really matter.

2. Both teams are undefeated. Yep, that's right. I knew we were going to win until I heard this tidbit.

3. I've missed high school football. Football's my favorite sport so I have attended every State home game since I started school here. But there's something different about high school football. For some of these kids, this game could determine where and if they go to college.

4. EVERYBODY will be at this game. I've heard that random people from Grenada and other towns that have no interest in the game are coming just to see these two teams play.

5. The game's in Eupora. If it was at Ackerman, I would not be going. It's kind of like going to LSU as a state fan. Scary.

6. And, since it's in Eupora, maybe all these people will spend lots of money!!

Anyway, I know that today I'll be worried about the State-Kentucky game, but the nail biter of the night will be played in God's country.

No comments:

Post a Comment