Next stop was Leighton where we crashed with Henderson's parents for the night. I felt like we were eating and running because basically we ate supper, went to sleep, ate breakfast and left. The food was, as always, wonderful! We left Leighton about 7:30 to head out on the last leg of the trip.
Saturday morning we drove up to Murfreesboro to see the Dawgs play MTSU! We lucked out big time with this game. Not only does one of Henderson's friends from undergrad (Tyler) go to MTSU, but my cousin and her husband were going to the game to root on State. Coincidentally, Tyler got to present one of his horses at this game.
Amber got us club level tickets where we sat for the first quarter. We met some very nice tax attorneys that went to state; I even got a business card! We enjoyed talking with them, but when Amber said we could join them in the very warm box we couldn't pass it up. There weren't any big plays, but it was so much fun to hang out with friends and family!
We ended up going to Buffalo Wild Wings afterwards to watch some MORE football with Amber, Taylor and Taylor's dad. Thanks, Don! After all the fun, we couldn't pass up an opportunity to nap! Luckily Tyler has a few extra bedrooms so we headed over to his place. I think I was out at 9:00 that night!
Sunday was nice because there were no alarm clocks!! We did get up and head to Target (there's not one around here; I couldn't pass up a chance to look). On the way back we stopped at the Jack Daniel distillery. The tours are free! We learned that Jack Daniel learned how to make whiskey from a Lutheran minister, as well as how a safe killed Mr. Jack when he went into work early!
All in all, this weekend was a blast!! Fun weekends get me in such a great mood so my weeks go great even if they're stressful. Tonight, I'm having to pay for all the fun I had over the weekend with lots of homework.
Hope everyone had a great weekend and can't wait for the Florida game this weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment