Sunday, October 11, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

As you all know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. My family has had to deal with this horrible illness first-hand. My mom is a two-time breast cancer survivor. The first time she was diagnosed I was a senior in high school. She went through 8 rounds of chemo and a mastectomy. The cancer was completely out of her body. Then a couple years later, she was diagnosed again, in the same breast that she had had completely removed. This time no chemo was needed but she went through radiation. Today, she's completely healthy and we all thank God for her health everyday.





In honor of her, I donated to the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Race for the cure. One of Henderson's professors is running in the race on October 23-25, and let's just say, she's pretty cool! I won't say Henderson has favorites, but I heard a lot about Dr. Johnson long before I met her. If you would like to donate to Dr. Johnson's team, I'm posting the link below. She's about $1,000 short of her goal, and I know that any amount would be greatly appreciated.



http://www.the3day.org/site/TR?px=3292589&fr_id=1291&pg=personal


Every family has been touched by this illness in some way, and donating any amount to the cause helps tremendously.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment