Saturday, October 10, 2009

Birthdays Are Pretty Much Awesome!!

I've realized after Thursday night that I have the best friends and family ever! Besides the Corporate Tax mid-term I had to take Thursday afternoon, I had a pretty fabulous birthday. Henderson, Cheyenne, Brian, Wendy, Lauren, Lana, and Whitney came to Umi's to celebrate with me. Lana even brought cupcakes! We had so much fun! I don't know if it was nice just because it was low-key or if I just have a great group of friends.



The hibachi cook tried to chunk rice into my mouth. Needless to say, I didn't catch it. So, he tried again. And again. And again. My hair, my seat, and the floor under me were all covered in rice. Then, the employees came out to sing "Happy Birthday" with a GONG. Yeah, you read that right. It was a small gong, but still a gong none the less. I'm pretty sure Brian got that on video. Here's a couple of pics.


Besides all the fun that was had on my bday, I got to thinking. I am 23 years old. That feels weird to say. Your 23rd birthday isn't a birthday you've every wanted to get to. I never thought 23 was cool like, say, 21. But, alas, life goes on.


And, apparently, I don't look 23. Our waitress was in shock when I told her how old I was, saying, "I never would have guessed you were that old." That was about a week after a relative of a relative asked me what grade I was in. Yes, the words out of his mouth were, "And, what grade are you in?" I proceeded to tell him that I am working on my Master's Degree. I was kind of in shock for a little while. But, then, I thought, "Hey, if I look younger than my age for the rest of my life, I'm going to look like a 30-year-old at 40!" Here's to hoping my young looks stay and wrinkles never grace my face!!


No comments:

Post a Comment