On Saturday we got out to the tailgate about 12:30 even though the game didn't start until 6:30! Even though we didn't win the game, we played extremely hard and I was very proud of the Bulldogs. The game just went to show that our guys have a lot of heart, but they always get tired before the end of the game. We didn't get home until about 12:30 because of the horrible traffic! It was still a good day because there was no homework!!
On Sunday, we went to church at First Baptist and then to the Veranda for lunch where they charged us for bread. Yep, that's what I said. If I go into a fine dining establishment and they serve me something with gravy, I assume that bread is included. That's like charging for crackers with a salad! Now, I might expect this from a place like Zaxby's, but the Veranda?! Anyway, the last couple of times we've gone there, our experience has been less than stellar. So, it'll be a while before we grace them with our presence again.
Besides the fun weekend, I have some great news to share! My undergrad roommate Kayla and her boyfriend Brian got engaged this weekend!! I am so excited for them!! And Brian did a great job on the ring! Congrats Kayla and Brian!!
Now some bad news to share. My family is asking everyone to please keep my cousin Nicholas in your prayers. As you know, Nick's mom Fran died one month ago today. Nicholas had just gotten settled into the Ellisville State Hospital when he had a setback. (He has mitochondrial disease.) He's now in the hospital on a ventilator; it looks like he will never leave the hospital. My grandmother said that she and my uncle Robert are doing pretty bad right now. They just lost Fran and now it looks like they may lose Nick. Please keep them in your prayers; I pray that they will remember that God has a reason for everything.



No comments:
Post a Comment