Even though October is my FAVORITE month of the year, there is one day in October that I despise above all other days: Halloween. Yep, I'm one of those people that likes Christmas and Fourth of July, not a holiday where I have to act a fool. But, lots of people like Halloween so there are lots of parties and get-togethers and we all know I love socializing! So, this year I will be dressing up for this first time since I was in elementary school.
So, since I'm not one of those girls who believes that Halloween is an excuse to dress like a...well, you get the idea, I had to find a more modest way to dress up as the cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland. All of the costumes online would have showed way to much skin for Bailey, so I'm "hodge-podging it." I got some pink and black striped tights, a pink and black striped scarf, and some pink and black striped fingerless gloves. I also bought an instant cat costume from Wal-Mart with ears and a tail. I'm just going to throw on black shorts and a black top to finish the look. Needless to say, I'm not excited. I'm not the most creative person in the world, so I'm starting to wonder how it's all going to come together.
Anyway, I found Henderson the BEST costume in Wal-Mart the other night: a blind referee! After the Florida game, we thought it was appropriate. Our costumes don't exactly go together, but at least we'll both be in stripes!
I do love the pumpkin carving part of Halloween, so that's what we'll be doing Friday night. Super excited. My friend and her bf did a carving of a beagle and it was soooo cute! Mine won't be as extravagant, but I'm still pretty excited.
And today is Thursday! Only one class standing between me and the weekend. And it's about to start, so I'd better get going.
Don't fill up too much on the Halloween candy!



No comments:
Post a Comment