I've recently become addicted to reading other people's blogs, so I decided to start my own. My first blog my be a bit of a downer, but I promise they won't all be like this!
Wednesday, my Aunt Fran (Dad's sister) passed away unexpectedly. I think "unexpectedly" is a bit of an understatement. She was 45 years young and had two sons ages 10 and 7. I ask that you keep her husband Robert and her sons Dean and Nick in your prayers as they start to go on without her. Nick is a special needs child inflicted with Mitochondrial disease; Fran was a stay-at-home mom who cared for Nick every day.
As my grandmother said, Fran was "born and bread Baptist, but she loved the Catholic church." Her funeral was Catholic and unlike anything I've ever been to. I was so honored to be asked to read a passage from Isaiah about how Fran was in heaven feasting on rich foods and pure wine. Father Mike said something really nice during the prayer service after visitation Thursday night. He said, "I have a memory of Fran. She was here Tuesday morning for 7:00 am mass. None of you were here." He said that Fran had a new-found thirst for the Lord; I think that is helping my grandmother get through this. My brother John remembered her generous soul and how one time when we were kids she had $80 to her name. She spent the whole $80 on fireworks for us to shoot.
Please remember not only her husband and sons, but her parents and brothers as well.
As Father Mike said, "Fran died in the prime of her life, when she was most useful." Obviously, God needed her more than we do.



No comments:
Post a Comment