What a funny word. Not so funny since these days I don't seem to have any. I can't get into school or my diet(s). So, I'm hoping all that will change. I've been working on being more productive so that's helped with the school side of things. But, to me, to enjoy productivity, I need to be eating something. This is not a great way to lose the 5 pounds I need to lose before next weeks formal. So, this week, Whitney and I are starting a new diet. We kinda played around with South Beach and realized that wasn't for us exactly. I mean how does anybody do these diets?! I've never actually been on a "real" diet. Usually, I just try to cut back. We like the idea of only shopping the outer areas of the grocery store; you know, the produce, meat, dairy, etc. sections. We've banned all carbs: no rice, potatoes, bread, so on and so forth. We are eating fruit (one of the no-nos on phase 1 of South Beach) and cereal. Our cereals are really healthy and high in fiber. So today that's what I had for breakfast - Post Selects Crunchy Pecans. Last night I grilled some chicken, so I brought that with a salad for lunch, along with some roasted pecans, low-fat string cheese, and an orange for snacks. Our dinners will be meat - like normal since we don't fry anything - and veggies, veggies, veggies. No desserts! We're thinking of eating like this on the weekdays for good and then being able to enjoy ourselves a little bit on the weekends. Did I mention our new diet doesn't include coke's or alcohol?! Yes, I am hyperventilating a bit as I type that. Lots and lots of water is on the menu! Wish us luck!Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Willpower
What a funny word. Not so funny since these days I don't seem to have any. I can't get into school or my diet(s). So, I'm hoping all that will change. I've been working on being more productive so that's helped with the school side of things. But, to me, to enjoy productivity, I need to be eating something. This is not a great way to lose the 5 pounds I need to lose before next weeks formal. So, this week, Whitney and I are starting a new diet. We kinda played around with South Beach and realized that wasn't for us exactly. I mean how does anybody do these diets?! I've never actually been on a "real" diet. Usually, I just try to cut back. We like the idea of only shopping the outer areas of the grocery store; you know, the produce, meat, dairy, etc. sections. We've banned all carbs: no rice, potatoes, bread, so on and so forth. We are eating fruit (one of the no-nos on phase 1 of South Beach) and cereal. Our cereals are really healthy and high in fiber. So today that's what I had for breakfast - Post Selects Crunchy Pecans. Last night I grilled some chicken, so I brought that with a salad for lunch, along with some roasted pecans, low-fat string cheese, and an orange for snacks. Our dinners will be meat - like normal since we don't fry anything - and veggies, veggies, veggies. No desserts! We're thinking of eating like this on the weekdays for good and then being able to enjoy ourselves a little bit on the weekends. Did I mention our new diet doesn't include coke's or alcohol?! Yes, I am hyperventilating a bit as I type that. Lots and lots of water is on the menu! Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment