I've got a fever. Usually the prescription is more cowbell, but this week doctor's orders are for more Olympics!! I am absolutely obsessed with the Olympics. I love both summer and winter games pretty much equally. This year I'm all about Lindsey Vonn. She is incredible. I wish my pinkie was half as tough as she is! If she has an injury, she always just pushes through the pain because she knows that she has to get back on the horse (or the skis, whatever).
Case in point, at the 2006 Olympics in Torino, Lindsey crashed during a training run. This wasn't just any crash; doctors said it was comparable to being hit with the force of a sledgehammer. A sledgehammer?! Ok, so if I got hit with a sledgehammer, I wouldn't be able to walk for months, much less ski the very next day. But that's exactly what Lindsey Vonn did. She skiied the very next day. Granted, she didn't win or even get on the podium, but the point is the girl is tough. For that, she received the women's U.S. Olympic Spirit Award in '06. I can't remember all the other injuries Matt Lauer has informed me of over the last week, but I can say that this girl doesn't miss a beat!
Speaking of Matt Lauer, I think he has a tiny bit of a crush on Vonn. When he talks about her or to her, he's completely gushing! It's hilarious!
This year, you all know about her shin injury. The girl was in absolute pain and she still won a gold medal yesterday and today! If you watch her race from yesterday, you can tell she was favoring that leg and, as the commentator's stated "skiing dangerously." At one point towards the end, she wasn't putting any weight on the leg, which apparently is very dangerous. Still, she won! Somebody said there's no way that she'd be able to ski at 100%, but Lindsey can beat anyone at 75%. That's an athlete!
Okay, that's enough Lindsey Vonn for right now. Other atheletes I follow are Shaun White, Shani Davis, and Evan Lysacek. Oh and of course, Apollo Ohno.
I love the Olympics!! Go Team USA!!



No comments:
Post a Comment