Saturday, February 20, 2010

Random: Books, Olympics, Diet, Pretty Clothes...

I've been reading this book for probably the last month titled "American Wife." Now, it's not that I'm a slow reader, it's just that I'm too busy to read for more than 30 minutes a day and this was a long book! Anyway, I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone. It sounded really good, saying that it was about a woman who happens to be First Lady and how she deals with those challenges. Well, Alice Blackwell was only First Lady for the last 100 out of 500 pages. And another reason I didn't like the book: I didn't like Alice Blackwell. I have never not liked the main charachter, especially when the story is in the first person. It's not that I disliked Alice or even rooted against her; I was just sooo tired of her pity party! It was depressing!

So, now I'm on to "A Three Dog Life" by Abigail Thomas. Talk about depressing: it's about her life after her husband is hit by a car and she has to take care of him. Yeah, should be interesting...

Anyway, on to the Olympics. Did anyone else see Evan Lysacek win the gold medal?!?! His routine was phenomenal! I just wish I could have been there! His Russian rival was none too happy that Lysacek won, but he did. So get over it.

Another game I've been keeping up with: Curling. Yes, I know it's sad. I went over to Henderson's yesterday and he and his roommate watched WOMEN'S curling for 3 hours and neither one of the teams was the U.S. Yeah, it was kinda funny to listen to them strategize how the women could win the next end. Hilarious!

Update on the diet: I've lost 2 pounds this week!! That's 12 pounds since last July with 5 of those this year!! I'm sooooo excited I can hardly contain myself. So, yesterday and today I'm rewarding myself, a lot actually! Ha! By the way, I haven't been this weight in almost 3 years!!!

So, tonight, I get to put on pretty clothes and go to the Pegasus Ball aka Vet School Prom. I'm pretty excited about getting all dressed up. My dress isn't exactly formal attire but you'll see the pics later. Before the ball, Henderson and I are going to eat with a couple of friends for his bday! Happy Birthday Henderson!

I guess that's enough random subjects for one post! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment