Well, folks. I think I might have gone off the deep end. I've decided to not drink any Coca-cola through the month of February. I know, I know. Sounds crazy! Me?! No cokes?! Ludicrous.
I've always been addicted, but since I've started work it has really gotten out of hand. I stopped counting how many I was drinking and I wasn't drinking any water at all. Let me just say, getting off the caffeine is easy peasy. My problem is that I seem to have an emotional attachment to cokes. I guess you could kind of compare it to the people on that "Strange Addictions" show. If I have something to celebrate, I want to celebrate with a coke. If I've had a really bad day, cokes are there to bring my mood right back up! If it's time to relax, I want to be sitting in front of the tv with a coca-cola in my hand. Basically, you could say it's my treat. And now, I don't have one. I wish I could make exercise be my treat, but that's never going to happen!
This time of year is considered our "busy season." It's my most stressful time of the year, and I'm removing my biggest stress reliever.
I will have to say that if I had not put this challenge on Facebook, I would've already caved in! I put something about making February a no coca-cola month, and some people put comments on there saying it wouldn't happen. So, that makes me want to do it even more!
I'm only four days in, and I could cave at any moment, but I know I really need to kick this habit. I also know that I'm like other addicts in that I can't have just one or two.
Does anybody have any ideas for something else I can use to treat myself after a bad day?



now...are you cutting out all carbonated drinks, or just specifically coke?
ReplyDeleteif you're looking a substitute, allow me to recommend coke zero! it doesn't have any calories and it really does taste like regular coke! you can drink it and not feel guilty about it! just a suggestion.
if you're not wanting to drink ANY type of coke, you should go to sonic and get their smoothies or cherry limeades! yummy!!!
Thanks for the suggestion! I've tried Coke Zero a couple of times, but I think that if I made myself drink it I would like it more, ha! I LOVE Sonic's strawberry limeade, but I don't need those calories either!
ReplyDelete