I think I made a mistake with leaving the dough in the fridge overnight. When I came in from dinner last night, I had to punch the dough down because it had risen above the mixing bowl. But this morning it was still punched down. Needless to say, the rolls didn't rise very well in the oven.
This was my first time to use a rolling pin; hopefully, practice makes perfect! I couldn't get it in the shape I wanted.
The rolls were absolutely delicious though. I don't usually like icing on my cinnamon rolls, but I made the maple icing anyway. I didn't add the coffee for reasons beyond my control (read: I've never made coffee before and it didn't exactly turn out right). I think the coffee was really needed to take some of the sweetness out of the icing since it had two pounds of powdered sugar in it! I put the icing on about half of them.
Since I ended up making over 40 cinnamon rolls, Mimi's giving some to her friends.
I do think these rolls were worth the insane amount of time it took to make them. Part of the reason it took so long is because one of Mimi's ovens is broken and her ovens are regular sized instead of extra wide like my mom's. I could've probably taken them to the restaurant and baked them in half the time.
I didn't take any pictures during the baking process because the kitchen was a mess and PW has step by step pics on her website. But here's a picture of one of the 7 pans of rolls I made.
I will definitely be making these again soon. But next time, I'll make sure there are more people here to eat them besides me, Mimi, and Dixon.
Happy Weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment