Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pioneer Woman's "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels"

I just finished reading Pioneer Woman's "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" on my NookColor.
Because I read her blog, I had already read a good deal of the book. It details how she and Marlboro Man fell in love and their first year of marriage. I liked it a lot, but it's not one of my favorites. I can't really put my finger on why I wasn't in love with it. I think it might be because the chapters were almost like individual blog posts so they were short and choppy. Talking about how wonderful her husband was in every other sentence got pretty old as well. I will say it was a pretty funny, easy read. And I liked that I felt like she was being herself; she wasn't hiding any of the embarrassing, humiliating times of her life. I'll give it a 3 out of 5.

Up next, "Bird in Hand" by Christina Baker Kline.

No comments:

Post a Comment