Sunday, January 30, 2011

Book Review

Sorry the blogging delay. All I've done since my last post is work, read, and clean off my DVR. I'm absolutely loving the NookColor. I do enjoy that ebooks are a lot cheaper, but my favorite feature of the eReader is the convenience! When I hear about a good book, I go ahead and download it. Easy peasy!

I finally finished reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson a couple of weeks ago. One of the main charachters, Mikael is having a sort of mid-life crisis thanks to some very public humiliation. He agrees to help a wealthy businessman figure out how his niece disappeared more than forty years before. Set in Sweden, this novel is the first of three that Larsson finished just before he died. I enjoyed reading this and would highly recommend it. However, I will say that if this was a movie, it would definetly be rated NC-17. It had some very graphic scenes; some of which were so graphic I had to skip over! It was also pretty dark. I'm currently reading the next installment, "The Girl who Played with Fire." I've thouroughly enjoyed this series, but I have had to take breaks to read some books that were a little lighter in nature.

I would give this one a 4 out of 5.

P.S. The Pioneer Woman's book "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" comes out Tuesday! I've already pre-ordered it!

No comments:

Post a Comment