Last week, I spent a couple of day's at my grandmother's house hanging out with her. She absolutely loved Dixon! I learned how to make her wonderful Cheese DABS. They taste like cheese straws; it was my grandfather's mother's recipe. My grandmother renamed them DABS because those are her initials! Here's the recipe. They go great with coca-cola and Christmas movies!
1 block of Kraft Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheese. Grate and leave out for a couple of hours to let it soften. After 2 hours, mix the cheese. Add in 2 sticks of butter, softened. Mix butter and cheese together. Add 2 cups of flour, mix again. Add 2 cups of rice krispies, stir with wooden spoon. Add 3/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (or however much you want), stir with wooden spoon. Next you want to roll them into small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place a fork on the top of the balls to flatten them. Make sure the balls are small enough, that the crisps are about the size of a quarter. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Make sure you watch them because they will burn fast!
I would suggest only making 3 recipes of this at the most in one day. Mimi and I made 6 recipes, over 700 crisps, and I was exhausted! All in all, it was a great day and we're hoping to make it a yearly tradition!



No comments:
Post a Comment