Thursday, December 17, 2009
I'm Learning...
While I've had Dixon I've learned a couple of things about myself and about what one must have to be a true dog owner. I've always known that I'm an indecisive person. I just cannot commit to anything! I always need someone's help in making a decision. Case in point - naming Dixon. One of my first contenders was Dixon but I had to go all around the world to come back to my first choice. I was also like this in deciding what breed dog I wanted. I started with a toy poodle, then a cavalier king charles spaniel, then a shih tzu, then every other breed and finally back to toy poodle. So, I'm thinking maybe I should start following my gut instead of questioning every decision I make.
The next thing I've learned is that I do have patience. I used to think I was a very impatient person, but now when I take Dixon out to go "potty" I will stay out with him for 20 minutes to make sure he goes potty. Mainly because I do not want to clean up an accident! I'm also obsessed with teaching him how to sit. He doesn't get a treat until he sits for a while and sometimes this can take up to 5 minutes.
Another thing I've learned: I'm going to be a "helicopter" parent whenever I have children. I am so protective of him and hover over him AT ALL TIMES. At this moment, I'm watching him jump from me to Henderson to Henderson's mom. I've always made fun of those people that constantly worry about their children; I've turned into one of those people.
In a week, I feel like I've already grown up just from having him in my life. He's still the coolest dog ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment