Thursday, December 10, 2009

Merry Christmas to Me!!

Yay!! Finals are OVER!! And the holiday has begun! Tuesday after my 3-hour long test, I swung by and picked up a bottle of wine for Whitney and I to enjoy. Henderson was going to come over and eat with us and we decided to exchange presents then. Since he was going to Arkansas hunting Wednesday, he wanted to go ahead and give me my present. I was not very happy about this! First of all, I like to extend Christmas as long as possible, so getting one of my gifts this early is not cool! Also, I didn't order Henderson's present until last week so it had not come in by Tuesday.

But Henderson insisted. And I was kind of excited about my present! I knew that my mom and Whitney knew what the gift was, so I was dying to find out myself. Henderson text me about 5:30 and said "sit on your couch and close your eyes". So, I unlocked my door and followed orders. I heard him come in and say "No peeking!" Next thing I know, he puts this in my lap:

No Name 4-month old male Toy Poodle!!!

He is soooo precious!! I love him so much already! Henderson put a post on Duck South of what he was wanting and a guy said he bought a toy poodle and had a 18-month old baby at home. He and his wife decided a baby and a puppy at the same time probably wasn't the best idea! So, that's how Henderson got him. Now, I know he looks massive, but he only weighs about 8 pounds. He has a grooming appointment tomorrow. I don't want her to do a close cut, but he does need to get rid of all that puppy hair. People don't even know he's a poodle!

So, for the past 2 days, all I've thought about is male dog names. It's sooo hard! Especially for a male POODLE! I want a human-like name that's not too pretentious. I hate when people give their dogs four names; it's stupid. I've also realized through this that I've become VERY picky. Whether it's picking out a new pair of shoes or a dog name, I don't like anything.

These are some of the names we've looked at:

1. Dixon - after Anthony Dixon, our RB

2. Oscar

3. Sam

4. Sampson

5. Cooper

And any other suggestions...

He's pretty much the coolest dog ever!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment