I just finished reading "Water for Elephants" on my Nook. It was so hard to put down! This book is definetly on my top ten list. I'm sure you've heard of the book or seen the movie, but if you haven't actually read the novel, go out and get you one!!
The main charachter, Jacob, is a 93 year old man in a nursing home relieving the summer that changed his life. When he is in his final year of veterinarian school, his parents die. He doesn't have the strength to finish his final exams, so he drops out. He joins a traveling circus where he becomes the circus's veterinarian. The book describes explicitly how animals were treated in the circus world during this time, which at times was a little hard to get through. I won't continue on at the risk of spoiling it, but I will say that this book is definetly worth reading!
Any recommendations on what I should read next?



No comments:
Post a Comment