Thursday, June 2, 2011
Helping Karis
One of the many blogs I follow is written by Katie Almy, the mother of sweet Karis who has Krabbe disease. Katie has a couple links that explain what exactly Krabbe disease is a whole lot better than I could! Karis' daddy, Trevor, is a student at Reformed Theological Seminary, and her mother is Karis' full-time caregiver. As a result of Karis' many medical bills, the family is often strapped for cash. The tornado that came through Clinton in April damaged their home so much that Karis cannot live in it until it is completely cleaned. This month, Katie revealed to her blog readers that because of this and other necessary expenses, the Almy family is asking for donations. Since I've been reading this blog, she has not once asked for direct donations. So, I know their situation is dire. If you could spare any amount at all, I know that the Almy family would be extremely grateful (she posted her address and a link to her paypal account in the blog). And if you can't, obviously prayers are welcomed as well. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment