Monday, June 27, 2011

Trip to DC

For the month of May, Henderson was given an amazing opportunity to intern with the AVMA in their Governmental Relations Division. I was beyond proud of him! At the end of his internship, I flew to D.C. to visit him and drive back home.








The first night, we walked down the street to a nice dinner. It was so nice to be able to sit with him at the same table after a month of nightly phone calls and once-in-a-while Skype sessions. I missed him A LOT!!


The next morning, Henderson showed me where he had spent his internship. This is the building he worked in every day.






Then we headed to the National Cathedral. The Cathedral has always been my favorite place to visit in D.C., so I was excited to experience it again with Henderson. I took a ton of pictures and I don't really want to spend forever uploading them all to Blogger, but this stained glass window is one of my favorites. It is absolutely beautiful! Especially in person!





For a late lunch, we headed to Ben's Chili Bowl! We waited in line for 45 minutes even at 3:00 in the afternoon.







I forgot to take a picture until I was halfway through with my chili dog. It was delicious!











Then we headed to the American History Museum. I loved the hall with the memorabilia from the First Ladies. This is the dress Michelle Obama wore to President Obama's inaugauration.








I loved this little doll house! It was absolutely perfect!





Honest Abe's hat




Julia Child's kitchen!!




The Transportation hall




Then we headed over to the Air and Space Museaum. Henderson wanted me to see the exhibit about the Key brothers who were from Meridian, MS.








The Wright Brothers first plane



Next, we headed to the Washington Monument.





Then, the WWII memorial - where Henderson got a picture with both of his states. :)



One of two pictures we got together.



Next up was Vietnam.


That wall always gets me.

Strolled for a little bit to the Lincoln memorial.

There are loads more pictures (in all, I took almost 400), but we know that would get tedious. The next day was Memorial Day and though we had plans to head to Arlington, when we found out the President was going to be there, we decided to steer clear! So, we packed up and headed to North Alabama. It was such a fun trip and a nice way to reunite after being away from each other for so long! Hope you enjoyed the pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment