Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Brownies

Who doesn't love 'em? Personally, they are my favorite dessert. I usually request birthday brownies instead of a birthday cake. I ran across a recipe on Baked Perfection for Brownies Studded with Chocolate Chip Cookies. I met Risa (the author) at new hire training for my job; she was my instructor!

I love to bake, mainly because I have to concentrate on baking so much that I can't worry about other things. It's a huge stress reliever for me. And the best part about baking? If you completely ruin something, you just throw it out! You didn't ruin the family's entire meal.

Anyway, anybody who knows me knows I don't like chocolate chips. But Henderson does! And in light of the fact that he had just gotten to DC, I decided to bake these brownies and mail them to him. I had a bite of one of them right out of the oven, and let me just say, those things are amazing! I even liked the chocolate chip cookies!

Another great thing about this recipe? It's two desserts in one! I ended up with enough cookie dough to make two dozen cookies besides the cookies in the brownies. I decided to make mini cookies the last time I made these and they worked out perfectly! Bite size cookies are my favorite because you don't feel so guilty for eating more than 1 or 5...

Anyway, I didn't take any pictures of my baked goods, because let's face it, they may have been good but they weren't pretty. The first time I made these I put the brownies in a rectangular pan instead of the square one she suggests. They cooked more evenly in the 9 x 13 and it didn't take as long to bake. If you're needing two super easy desserts, click here for Risa's recipe and pretty pictures!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment