Friday, April 8, 2011

Music City, Wedding Bells, and a Trip to the ER

A couple of weekends ago, Henderson and I headed to Nashville for Keegan and Kyle's wedding! Keegan and Henderson have been friends since freshman year at State so we knew we wouldn't miss this event. Friday night we were trying to decide what to eat for dinner when we stumbled upon this website. I always try to eat at local, independently owned restaurants when I go out of town. Growing up in the restaurant business I realize the importance of trying out the local fare and supporting small businesses. This website was great! All of the restaurants listed on it are local, independently owned restaurants. We decided on Puckett's Grocery and they did not disappoint! It was like eating at a small town restaurant in the middle of downtown Nashville. They're best known for their bbq and live music every night. This place is an awesome value! We wanted a good meal but didn't want to spend a forture; this place was exactly what we needed. After we were completely full, we headed to Blackstone Brewery to watch a little bit of the NCAA tournament and then met up with the groom and some of the wedding party in downtown. Overall, it was a great night! And we were super excited for the next day!
Self portrait at Blackstone's Microbrewery


Our first stop Saturday was the Ryman Auditorium. We didn't get the full tour because they had to close early for a show that night and they were doing a sound check, but it was still really neat to see. I didn't realize that it had originally been built for a church; we also got to see the timeline of the Ryman including when they moved the Ryman was in danger of being torn down.


One of Dolly Parton's dresses (I LOVE HER!!)


We then headed to do a little shopping at The Mall at Green Hills. Let me just say, Ah-maze-ing. Some of the shops included Tiffany's, Louis Vuitton, and, coming soon, David Yurman. I could have stayed for days...but alas, the real reason for our weekend trip was quickly approaching and we couldn't wait to head to the wedding.

The wedding was at Belle Meade in the Carriage House. Even though it was rainy and FREEZING, the wedding was absolutely gorgeous and everything about it reminded us of Keegan and Kyle.





Me and the beautiful bride
First dance
Self-portait at the wedding
In the carriage house




As we were heading back from the wedding, I started feeling sick. By the time we got back I was full on stomach virus-sick. I thought that I'd just be sick and that would be the end of it. Three hours into my "sickness," my back started hurting. I thought it was just from being sick and decided to lay back down. But it wasn't. As soon as I sat back up, my whole body started cramping. Worst pain I've ever felt. Ever. I woke Henderson up and told him about my pain; I didn't know that cramps were a sign of dehydration. Glad he was there! We headed to the nearest ER and spent about 6 hours there. Some pain meds and IV fluids and we were good to go!


I'm so thankful that Henderson was there to take care of me. I know he was completely exhausted but he was such a trooper! I complained A LOT that night (this pain was not like anything I can describe), but he never called me a drama queen or laughed any of it off. He knew that I was genuinely in pain and he took care of me as best he could. As soon as we left the hospital, he drove to his parent's house (about two hours away) on no sleep. I'm so glad we headed there so we could catch a long nap and get some nourishment!


Even though it ended badly, I still say the weekend was a success. We got to spend a lot of quality time together and we saw some great friends get married! Best wishes, Keegan and Kyle! We're so happy for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment