Then she ruined it. She said she wanted the bike. Over and over again. It was no longer a surprise. So, I told her she wasn't getting it. I told her that she had ruined Christmas. And she wasn't getting the bike.
So, I put my name on one of the gifts Mimi gave Mama. And I had Henderson drop the bike off at Mawmaw's house. When Santa woke us up at 5:00 in the morning, Mama opened up a gift she thought was from me. She was grateful for it, but I knew she was disappointed.
When we made our rounds later that morning, we headed to Mawmaw's house to see what Santa had left all of them. Mawmaw brought in the bike, and Mama was more than surprised! I was so happy to see how excited she was.
She's ridden it every day since Christmas (even if it was only 5 minutes at a time).
Here's some shots that display just how surprised she was:



No comments:
Post a Comment