In yesterday's post, I showed you a picture of Henderson's every day ring. While he and I both love it, this will not be his only ring. His grandfather pulled me aside at Christmas and gave me his wedding band to give to Henderson. It was such a touching moment and one I will never forget. He said he only wore it for about a month and wanted us to have it. Henderson's grandparents have been married over 50 years, so it is so nice to have such a tangible reminder of our role models! Since it's yellow gold, we thought we should buy another ring that would hold up to cattle chutes, yard work, etc.
Henderson isn't the only one who's wedding band holds significance. I will be wearing Henderson's other grandmother's wedding band. She was married to Lawrence Henderson King, II, and he went by Henderson. I love that HK and I will be wearing wedding bands that have already stood the test of time.



No comments:
Post a Comment