
Hopefully, you watch America's Got Talent. If not, the post is going to mean nothing to you. Prince Poppycock is a contestant on AGT; he dresses up and sings to his heart's content. Sometimes his eyelashes are white. That's where the wanna-be comes in.
Thursday, my mom and I headed to Tupelo to run some errands. That morning I was in a huge rush and decided not to put my mascara primer on. I knew it would shave off a whole one second. (I used Double Extend mascara - the kind that has the primer on one end and the mascara on the other.) I noticed something was a little off on my makeup; I just chalked it up to being in a hurry and headed out the door.
After we had been in the mall for a little while, my mom kinda looks at me. She gives me a funny look then asks if I put mascara on that morning. I said, well I guess that's why I look funny; I forgot to put it on. Upon closer inspection, my mother informs me that my eyelashes were white! As in put the primer on them and then nothing else white. And I had had meaningful conversations with people who thought I wore white mascara.
To top it off, our day wasn't done. My mom laughed at me the whole time we were at lunch. And I tried to keep my eyes down while talking to the doctor.
My mom named me Miss Poppycock on the way home. Thanks, Mom, for making a gal feel good. I tried to tell her white mascara was the new thing; she didn't believe me.



No comments:
Post a Comment