Thursday, May 27, 2010

Moving Days


Just some of my stuff in the trailer


Since Monday, all I've been doing is packing and moving and driving and repeat. I'm completely exhausted. I moved from one apartment into two homes: mom's and mimi's. I'm living with my mom for the summer and then in September (after acing all parts of the exam, ha!) I'm moving in with my grandmother to save a little money. Luckily my dad provided me with his 16-foot completely enclosed catering trailer. My mom brought a couple of guys over to load the truck and my dad had 3 guys at Mimi's to unload the trailer. Can you say lifesavers?! Henderson helped so much! There's no way I could have done it all without him.

My room at Mimi's is not completely put together. We just kind of threw my stuff upstairs, mainly because the A/C doesn't work!! Yep, you read that right, no air conditioner. Mimi's got to have a new unit put in upstairs :(.

I also realized during this move, that I have WAY too much stuff. I won't be using any of my kitchen stuff while living with Mimi so I've got to find somewhere to store it.

I'm beyond emotionally exhausted. I've been so upset this week. I've lived in Starkville for 5 years; one year in the dorm and the other 4 years at Crossgates. Being on my own has been so much fun! I didn't have to tell anyone if I wanted to grab dinner to go or if I was going to be late coming in. It's really difficult to go from having my own place (with an awesome roommate, of course!) to living in someone else's space.

But Mimi has a maid, so I'm super excited about that! I'm also so thankful to my family for allowing me to live with them so I can save some money for a little while.

So, goodbye to Starkville and to MSU. I'll miss you!

But, don't worry, I'll be back :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment