This weekend, Mom, Cheyenne, Henderson, and I headed to Mobile to celebrate my cousin Lauren's 7th birthday! We left early Friday morning and headed straight to Dauphin Island to soak up the sun and play in the sand and water. We met Wendy, Lauren, and Christopher at the beach. It was such a nice afternoon! Lauren usually never gets in the water, but this time she couldn't get enough of it!
The only downside: the horrific sunburn across my back. I am a fanatic about sunscreen. I always apply, then wait at least 15 minutes before hitting the water. I reapplied a little after an hour and a half and I still managed to look like a lobster.
After the beach we headed to Buffy and Jimmy's new house to eat hamburgers. Lauren and Christopher came over to our hotel to swim in the pool later Friday night. Our room was so nice and my mom got a great deal: a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite with full kitchen for under $100: score!! Saturday morning we all got up, applied aloe to our sunburns, and headed to do a little shopping. We can't ever go to Mobile without heading to their Flea Market. It's SUPER redneck, but also an experience. And you can't leave without getting a roasted ear of corn!
Two Top Reasons my family was so glad Henderson came along:
1. He was our driver the ENTIRE time. My mom didn't feel well, so Henderson took the wheel early Friday morning and didn't give it up until we got back to Starkville. He was such a trooper especially with 3 girls! 
2. He found our lunch spot Saturday: The Boiling Pot. If you're ever in Mobile or Montgomery, you HAVE to hit this place up! They have shrimp, crawfish, catfish, crab legs, and much more. You could get your seafood fried or boiled, on a po-boy or a dinner. I ordered a half shrimp po-boy and only managed to eat half of it! The po-boy was stuffed with shrimp and then there shrimp on top and all around the po-boy. Delicious! I didn't eat as much as I would've liked because we were going to Pump It Up!
Lauren's birthday party was at an inflatables place called Pump It Up! We got to go into the first room for one hour and then the second room for the second hour. The first room had a massive obstacle course, inflatable basketball, a huge slide, and something else that I can't quite describe! Ha! The second room had several of the same type stuff. We all had a blast just jumping, sliding, and knocking each other over! After cake and ice cream, it was time to head back to Mississippi :(.
I thoroughly enjoyed the big slide!
It was a great two days and I can't wait for the next vacation!



No comments:
Post a Comment