Friday, April 9, 2010

Dinner and a Movie

As I type this, my apartment is smelling pretty good! I've got one of my most favorite dishes in the crock pot. This particular dish "Pepper Steak," is from the cookbook that I have learned the most from: Better Homes and Gardens, Pink Edition. I love it! It's so easy, so inexpensive, and soooo tasty. And because it uses beef, Henderson likes it to! Here's the recipe:

Pepper Steak

1 lb. boneless beef round steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick
Salt and pepper
Cooking oil
1 14.5-ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
3 tablespoons Italian-style tomato paste
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 16-ounce package frozen pepper stir-fry vegetables (yellow, green, and red sweet peppers and onion

1. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into four pieces; sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet brown meat on both sides in hot oil. Transfer to a slow cooker. In a bowl stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat in cooker. Top with frozen stir-fry vegetables.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5-6 hours or until meat and veggies are tender.

*I always serve this over rice. It's great for a weekend dinner since I don't make it that often.

Thanks to southernsavers.com, I've got a great deal for you! At any Redbox at a Kroger, you can get one night free for any movie. Use promo code DVDKROG. You can only use this code once per credit card. Remember, if you don't turn it back in the next day, you'll have to pay for the second night!

So, this is what we'll be doing tonight: Pepper steak and "Have You Heard About the Morgans?" Dinner was cheap and the movie is free! Talk about a good date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment