Thursday, April 8, 2010

Crossgates Fire

Tuesday night, while I was in class, my friend Lana text me and said that "Crossgates is on fire. The building across from me!" So, I got a LOT worried. I live at Crossgates, Lana lives at Crossgates, and my cousin Wendy lives at Crossgates. Dixon was in my apartment and he was all I could really think about. Another worry is that Wendy lives in a building across from Lana. I was sooo worried it was her building. Fortunately it wasn't.

All of my family was in town, so I finally got a hold of them and made them go over there and check it out. By the end of the night, 3 building were completely destroyed, and 64 apartments were damaged in someway. Horrendous tragedy. I haven't been that scared in my life.

Can you imagine sitting in your living room and twenty minutes later, your whole home is gone? Thankfully, there was only one injury in the fire sustained by a firefighter. It's not serious.

I can't wrap my head around this tragedy. These people have nothing. Some people didn't have time to get their cell phone or shoes. They just got out.

The wind was blowing very hard that night so it added to the spread. When Whitney and I got home from class, we couldn't get in the complex and the electricty was turned off. Luckily it turned right back on.

Most college students don't have renter's insurance so they REALLY have nothing. They still don't know what started it, but I'll keep you updated.

For a full story, click here.

Please keep the residents affected in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment