I know I've been lacking in the blog posting department. But I have good reason!! Last weekend, Henderson proposed!! We are beyond excited about what the future holds.
So, I'm sure you want to hear the story...
Last week, I headed to Starkville to spend a weekend watching football with family and friends. I was so excited to see my mom, Cheyenne, Henderson's parents, and lots of my friends!! Henderson's parents got there a little after I did, and the four of us headed to dinner at Cappy's. We left Henderson's and got in two separate cars. I was confused, so I asked Henderson why we needed two cars. His response was that his parents needed to go to Wal-Mart afterwards. As we were driving to dinner, he reminded me that we had been talking all week about going to Local Culture. I said, "Your parents will really enjoy some frozen yogurt, too!" He said, "Oookkkayyy...."
We had a delicious dinner at Cappy's (my favorite Starkville steakhouse). On the way to Local Culture, Henderson said, "I thought we'd go on a walk on campus after dinner." This wasn't out of the ordinary - we often eat dessert and then take a walk on campus.I said, "Ok, I'm sure your parents would like that," to which he said that they had to get on to Wal-Mart. I also asked him to give me his North Face since it was so cold. He said that he would give it to me a little later (the ring was in the pocket!).
So, after Local Culture, we headed to campus. I had to use the restroom, so I ran in the chapel. When I came out, we walked around to the courtyard area. He got really nervous and started saying some very sweet things. He then said, "I've got to ask you a question..."
I said, "Really?! Really?!" He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! It was absolutely perfect. I got no sleep that whole weekend because I was so flipping excited!
The ring is absolutely perfect. He had worked with my aunt and uncle (who own a jewelry store in Eupora) so they were the only ones who knew what was happening.
We've picked a date, booked the church, and just about decided on the honeymoon. I cannot wait to marry Henderson King, the love of my life and the man of my dreams! (And move up in the alphabet! ;)
Enjoy the pictures from our celebratory weekend!
So, I'm sure you want to hear the story...
Last week, I headed to Starkville to spend a weekend watching football with family and friends. I was so excited to see my mom, Cheyenne, Henderson's parents, and lots of my friends!! Henderson's parents got there a little after I did, and the four of us headed to dinner at Cappy's. We left Henderson's and got in two separate cars. I was confused, so I asked Henderson why we needed two cars. His response was that his parents needed to go to Wal-Mart afterwards. As we were driving to dinner, he reminded me that we had been talking all week about going to Local Culture. I said, "Your parents will really enjoy some frozen yogurt, too!" He said, "Oookkkayyy...."
We had a delicious dinner at Cappy's (my favorite Starkville steakhouse). On the way to Local Culture, Henderson said, "I thought we'd go on a walk on campus after dinner." This wasn't out of the ordinary - we often eat dessert and then take a walk on campus.I said, "Ok, I'm sure your parents would like that," to which he said that they had to get on to Wal-Mart. I also asked him to give me his North Face since it was so cold. He said that he would give it to me a little later (the ring was in the pocket!).
So, after Local Culture, we headed to campus. I had to use the restroom, so I ran in the chapel. When I came out, we walked around to the courtyard area. He got really nervous and started saying some very sweet things. He then said, "I've got to ask you a question..."
I said, "Really?! Really?!" He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! It was absolutely perfect. I got no sleep that whole weekend because I was so flipping excited!
The ring is absolutely perfect. He had worked with my aunt and uncle (who own a jewelry store in Eupora) so they were the only ones who knew what was happening.
We've picked a date, booked the church, and just about decided on the honeymoon. I cannot wait to marry Henderson King, the love of my life and the man of my dreams! (And move up in the alphabet! ;)
Enjoy the pictures from our celebratory weekend!
Our first picture as an engaged couple!! Eeekkk!!
Lauren had to do my nails in the Junction on game day.



No comments:
Post a Comment