Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Calling All Runners!

Ok, people, I'm about to confess something I said I wouldn't make known to the public until it was complete...I've been doing the C25K program. I've had a couple weeks off and some weeks where I've been completely hard core. Last night and tonight, I ran 2.5 miles in under 28 minutes. Every time I get back from a run, I feel absolutely amazing.

BUT (of course there's a but), when I'm running I am beyond miserable. The whole 28 minutes I'm talking myself out of stopping. Not only is it physically exhausting, it's mentally exhausting as well! So, my question for all the runners out there is, does it get any better? Should I keep doing 2.5 miles until I'm not talking myself out of it? Is this just growing pains or do you always have these mental road blocks? It's really hard to get out there, especially when I know the whole time I'll be battling with myself. Let me know your thoughts!

My goal is to run a 5 mi in Vicksburg on my 25th birthday (October 8th). I may not be able to run the entire 5 miles, but I don't want to completely embarrass myself! I really need to keep up with the exercise, since an auditor's diet isn't so healthy, ha! Do you think I can do it?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bailey! Great job! I'm an aspiring runner. I've been reading this book "Running For Mortals". It talks about how the different parts of your body change at different times. For example, your heart and lungs can change in 4-6 weeks while your skeletal system can take 6 months to evolve. So you think you should be able to run more even though your joints aren't really ready yet. Maybe you can find this book at your library. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete