
Henderson and Cheyenne ready for the day!
Our second day on the ranch was a lot of work! One of the reasons Daddy selected this ranch was because they were going to be working cattle during the time we would be in Montana.

Daddy and Henderson sorting cattle.

Henderson and Wanda getting the vaccines ready. At one point in the day, Wanda got choked up. She said it was so nice to look over the ranch and know that she had created this living with her own two hands without the help of a man. When her boys were 4 and 2, she divorced their father. She recently remarried (about 5 years ago).

Henderson knew what he was doing!
We castrated, vaccinated, and branded about 75 calves. I've gotta say, I had a blast! I told someone at one point, it wouldn't have been near as much fun if it were our cattle.

Me holding the "nut" bucket. The bucket contains exactly what the name implies. I ran around behind Tini who was doing the castrations.

Then, I got to do some branding!

That's Cheyenne being pulled by a calf! She went through a lot of mud!

I even wrestled a calf!

Henderson even got to do a little roping! He had a blast! He and Daddy were in their element. Also, Henderson got a new horse. He wasn't a huge fan of the draft cross, ha!

Henderson with a calf.

Mama wasn't much of a help, ha!

Henderson roping a calf!

Later, we headed back to the house for dinner. So, I helped bottle-feed one of the calves they had behind the house! Soooo cute!!
I was completely burnt to a crisp after Wednesday. We were utterly exhausted, but I knew that this was probably the most memorable vacation I'd been on!
The next day was my favorite! Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment