Chey and I had been planning a surprise birthday party for Mama since about Christmas. I realized during this time just how much I rely on my mother to help me make decisions. I wanted to ask her for advice weekly!
Saturday morning, we all got up and started getting dressed. I went back to Mama's room and she said, "I think I'm going to wear this black polo and my tennis shoes." Eeek!! I easily talked her out of that by reminding her we were going to meet Henderson and his parents at Harvey's that night for dinner. She really wanted to go to Woody's in Tupelo for her birthday dinner, but I kept saying that we needed to see Henderson and his family. I had told everyone to be there by 6:15 and that we would arrive at Harvey's around 6:30. That was definetly the hardest part! Getting to the restaurant at the right time!
We ended up leaving Tupelo a little earlier than we needed to, so we stopped at Dirt Cheap in West Point. (Later Mama said, "I should've know something was up when Bailey said she wanted to go in Dirt Cheap!") When we finally got to the Harvey's parking lot, Mama had to fix her make-up and take her sweet time getting out of the car. Luckily, when we walked in she saw somebody she knew, so I was able to talk to the hostess and ask her to take us to the back.
When we finally walked into the back room, it was like the room just kept going and going. There were 43 people there to help Mom celebrate her 50th! We enjoyed broccoli bites and other appetizers and then we feasted on cake!
It was such a special night that I know none of us will forget anytime soon.
Mom, I hope you realize how grateful I am for you each and every day. You are constantly giving me advice (although some of it may not be wanted) and reminding me of the kind of woman I should become. Thank you for all the sacrifices you made for me and Cheyenne; we will forever be grateful. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and I can't wait for another reason to celebrate! Love, Bailey



No comments:
Post a Comment