Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cupcakes!



Last weekend my mom gave me the book "Martha Stewart's Cupcakes" to celebrate the fact that I've passed two parts of the exam! I'm halfway done! So, I started with a pretty simple looking one, Buttermilk Cupcakes with Fluffy Vanilla Icing. The cupcakes were good, but I was exhausted! I think I've decided to just use mixes for the cakes and make my icing. The cupcakes didn't taste any better than a mix from a box. And, the icing, well, I hated it. For one, I over beat the butter, and then the icing, all I could taste was the texture of the powdered sugar. My cousin Christie came over and gave me a couple of pointers like to add in a little shortening and how to decorate the cupcakes.

It was fun, but my arm was killing me afterwards, mainly because my mom doesn't have a stand mixer, so I was using a hand mixer. Here's the recipe for the cupcakes, and here's the one for the frosting.

I probably won't make either of these again, but I'll definitely try some more recipes from the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment