Sunday we celebrated Cheyenne's birthday with the family. My mom and I woke up at 8 a.m. to get everything ready. Mom made all of Cheyenne's favorite foods: Ruby's chicken, green beans, corn, and crescent rolls. I decided to try out another recipe from
"Martha Stewart's Cupcakes." This was the recipe that caught my eye when I was checking out the cookbook in Barnes and Noble. I'm not a huge cake and icing fan so this was a cupcake I knew I would love. I liked that an Oreo cookie was used in the bottom of the cupcake.
Ingredients:
42 Oreos, 30 whole, 12 coarsely chopped
2 lbs. cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature, beaten
1 cup sour cream
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup. Like this:
2. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth. Graduallly add sugar and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.

4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-filled cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating tins halfway through (which I forgot to do Every. Single. Time.) until filling is set, a out 22 minutes. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate (in tins) at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
This picture shows a cupcake cut in half and the right side is the view from inside the cupcake.

And all the cupcakes, with 20 candles.

After tasting a cupcake, I decided it needed a little something else. We had some cool whip in the freezer so I thawed it put it on top if they wanted it.

They turned out delicious! Everybody loved them!!
Brian came down back later in the afternoon on Robbie's golf cart and gave me a ride to mile branch.

And to wrap it all up, Cheyenne and Uncle Douglas had to catch a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment