Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Beginnings and Fool Proof Dieting

I LOVE a new year. There's just something about starting fresh that does something to me. I always have a list of resolutions and goals for the year, and though I may not keep all of them (or ANY of them), I enjoy trying to make myself a better person.

Along with most other resolution setters, I am hoping to lose some weight. I have an awesome diet in mind: the I ordered my wedding dress too small on purpose diet. There's nothing like imagining your expensive wedding dress not fitting to help with the motivation.

So, I have a couple of tools in my arsenal. I started back on weight watchers yesterday. Things I love about WW include the fact that I can eat anything I want - in moderation, of course - and that I can usually several pounds in the first couple of weeks. Nothing like seeing the scales go down to motivate!

I've also hired a personal trainer. Katie and I start with him tomorrow at 5:30 am. I told him that I wanted to be in lots of pain afterwards!

I'm also contemplating the Advocare 24 day challenge. Has anyone out there tried it? Any tips on how I can lose enough weight to fit in my dress?

What kind of resolutions/goals have you set? Or do you think resolutions are for losers?

No comments:

Post a Comment