I was able to take off the Friday before Labor Day so that I could have a four-day weekend. Since Henderson had to go to the school, I decided to put together some items I had pinned!

This salad was not something I got from
Pinterest, but I had some extra strawberries, so I decided to do a layered salad with Baby Spring Mix, sliced strawberries, and feta. I topped it off with some balsamic vinaigrette.

These are the
Pioneer Woman's au gratin potatoes. I've made them before, and they are out of this world! They're super easy, super delicious, and fat free! Ha, don't we wish?!

These are
jalapeno cream cheese poppers. In the instructions, she stated that she cut the crescent rolls in half to make them more bite-sized and so she could bake more. However, I figured since it was just Henderson and me, we didn't need to do that. Wrong! Make sure you cut the crescents in half so that each of the poppers has more flavor than just the crescent roll.
Henderson threw some steaks on the grill, and we had an awesome dinner!
But, dessert was still to come! We waited until it was completely chilled and dug in to this:

This
Strawberry Icebox Cake was absolutely amazing!! We're still talking about this. Next time, we might add in pecans with the strawberries. The chocolate
ganache makes this dessert; and to think, I almost skipped that step! Go out and make this dessert, ASAP! You can thank me later. :)

Those chocolate covered strawberries were amazing!
Have you pinned anything delectable lately? I'd love to try it!
No comments:
Post a Comment