Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/12

Obviously, we all know what happened 10 years ago. I remember seeing my cousin Brian in the hall on that day and he told me what was happening. At the time, we didn't even know what the World Trade Center was. We had heard of it, but had no idea what the repercussions of this attack would be.

The thing that hits home to me every year on September 11 is the reminder of the children that never got to meet their fathers. I recently read an interview of 10 of these children (see it here). Some of them were angry, all were sad, and some were content with the new father figures in there lives. They were all extremely wise beyond their years; I cannot imagine what it's like to never meet your father.

Tomorrow, I wish that we could all remember the emotions we felt on September 12, 2001. That sense of comradarie, family, and country. God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment