Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Grandmothers


Are the absolute best! I have two of the greatest grandma's around. I've come to the realization that I really shouldn't take my relationship with these awesome women for granted. I love asking them about life "back in the day." Like asking Mawmaw what it was like to grow up with 5 brothers and sisters. Or asking Mimi how she dealt with divorced parents in the 1940s. They are both such Godly women and there are so many ways that I want to emulate each of them. I'd love to be a clean freak like Mawmaw: she is crazy about no clutter, no dirty dishes, etc. Her favorite pastime? Cooking a massive Sunday dinner and inviting all of her family over. As for Mimi, I wish I had the attitude she does! (I'm sure my mom thinks I do :)). If she wants something, she does not hesitate to ask for it. She's so devoted to her family; she's letting me hang out upstairs and pay no rent! I'm so glad that I have such great role models and I'm grateful that I'm getting to spend so much time with one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment